Reinforcing Mesh is used for the reinforcement of concrete, is manufactured to SANS 1024:2006 and to other international standard specifications.
• Reinforcing Mesh mats are the most commonly used form of prefabricated reinforcement and is particularly suitable for flat slab construction and concrete surface beds. Other designed applications include:
• Retaining and shear walls;
• Beams and columns;
• Concrete paving overlays;
• Precast concrete elements;
• Buildings project;
• Swimming pool and gunite construction.
• Reinforcing Mesh mats can be detailed as either flat or bent sheets, depending on the job requirements.
• Reinforcing Mesh reinforcement considerably reduces construction time.
• SANS 1024:2006 designated fabric mats are standard welded reinforcement mats and can be scheduled simply by reference to the fabric type, sheet dimensions and bending shape codes (The reference is the nominal mass of the fabric in kg/m2 × 100).
• The cold-rolled deformed wire used in welded mesh fabric has a characteristic strength (0.2% proof stress) a minimum of 485MPa compared to 450MPa for high tensile rebar. Fabric may be used at higher stresses than high tensile rebar resulting in a material saving of up to 8%.
The Reinforcing Mesh is manufactured under strict quality controls with all standards conforming to SANS 1024:2006 standard specifications and tolerances